Erik G. Larsson
Erik G. Larsson is Professor and Head of the Division for Communication Systems in the Department of Electrical Engineering (ISY) at Linkoping University (LiU) in Linkoping, Sweden. He joined LiU in September 2007. He has previously held positions at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) in Stockholm, University of Florida, George Washington University (USA), and Ericsson Research (Stockholm). He received his Ph.D. from Uppsala University in 2002.
His main professional interests are within the areas of wireless communications and signal processing. He has published some 100 journal papers on these topics, he is co-author of the textbook Space-Time Block Coding for Wireless Communications (Cambridge Univ. Press, 2003) and he holds 10 patents on wireless technology.
He is Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Communications and he has previously been Associate Editor for several other IEEE journals. He is a member of the IEEE Signal Processing Society SPCOM technical committee. He is active in conference organization, most recently as the Technical Chair of the Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers 2012 and Technical Program co-chair of the International Symposium on Turbo Codes and Iterative Information Processing 2012.
He received the IEEE Signal Processing Magazine Best Column Award 2012.
- In the spring of 2014 (VT2) I will teach the undergraduate course TSKS10, Signals, information and communications
- Early 2014 I am planning to teach a doctoral-level course on fundamentals of wireless communications.
- Full list of publications (pdf file)
- My Google scholar profile
- Some preprints of recent work
- communication theory and wireless systems
- multiple-antenna (MIMO) technology for wireless, especially massive (large-scale) MIMO
- statistical signal processing
- (cooperative) source localization
- Current research sponsors: SSF (Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research), VR (Swedish Research Council), European commission (FP7-MAMMOET project, 2014--)
- Previous research sponsors: Swedish Royal Academy of Sciences (KVA) rådsforskartjänst, 2007-2012, SSF Framtidens forskningsledare (2008-2013), U.S. National Science Foundation (theoretical foundations program), Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU), Wireless@KTH. My group was partner in FP7-SENDORA (2008-2010), FP7-LOLA (2010-2012) and FP7-SAPHYRE (2010-2012).
- I am a developer in the IT++ project, an open-source C++ class library for scientific computing and simulation
Current Ph.D. students:
- Mirsad Čirkić (M.Sc., LiU 2008; Lic. Eng., LiU 2011)
- Hien Ngo (M.Sc., Kyung Hee Univ., 2010; Lic. Eng., LiU 2012)
- Antonis Pitarokoilis (M.Sc., TUM, 2010; Lic. Eng., LiU 2013)
- Hei Victor Cheng (M.Sc., HKUST, 2013)
- Marcus Karlsson (M.Sc., LiU 2013)
- Christopher Mollén (M.Sc., LiU 2013)
Former Ph.D. students:
- TVK Chaitanya (Lic. Eng., LiU 2011; Ph.D., LiU 2013).
Now with McGill University, Canada
- Erik Axell (Lic. Eng., LiU 2009; Ph.D., LiU 2012).
Now with FOI, Sweden
- Majid N. Khormuji (M.Sc., KTH 2006, Lic. Eng, KTH 2008)
Erik G. Larsson
Senast uppdaterad: 2013 12 11 23:27