TSKS05 Communication Systems CDIO
Welcome to the project course in Communication Systems!
The projects offered in this course will be closely related to the ongoing research within the divisions of Communication Systems and Information Coding or to companies working in these areas. The contents of the projects will change from year to year. The project members will use and apply knowledge and methods from other communication related courses.
Like all other CDIO project courses at LiU, this course is given within the framework of the CDIO Initiative, and the project work is done according to the LIPS project management model. The course consists of two parts that run in parallel:
- The project work (9 ECTS credits), given by the examiner Danyo Danev together with the supervisors, the sponsors, and experts that are specified in the project directive.
- Entrepreneurship (3
ECTS credits), given by Magnus Klofsten et.al. at IEI.
Note that the first entrepreneurship lecture is on Friday, September 7th!
As mentioned above, when working in the projects, you must
follow the LIPS
project management model.
Make sure to buy "LIPS project model" by Svensson & Krysander at the bookstore Bokakademin as soon as possible! This essential book gives a detailed description of the project model and includes all the templates needed in the project. All other course material needed or recommended for the project works are specified in the respective project directive documents. New Swedish and English editions of the LIPS book has recently been published, so ask the staff at Bokakademin for the new edition!
Some important clarifications of how to work according to the LIPS project model:
- Each project has a sponsor, who makes decisions about the project at tollgates (TG), reads status reports, etc.
- The sponsor decides which student will be the project manager/leader for the respective projects.
- During an initial phase, the project group must write a requirement specification, a project plan, and a system drawing. These documents must be approved by the sponsor at tollgate TG2 in order for the project to continue.
- All necessary documents that must be written and delivered are specified in the respective project directives. Templates (for Word and Excel) for all documents can be found on the LIPS templates web page. There is an incomplete set of LaTeX LIPS templates.
- Each project group is supported by one or more supervisors and a number of technical experts. The respective project directives specify how many hours these resourses are available.
- When you need to meet with your supervisor or an expert, you must first ask the supervisor/expert for an appointment, so that he or she is not busy when you see him/her.
- The project documents and protocols at the tollgates are used by the examiner to decide whether individual students should pass or fail the course.
- In the end of the course, each project group will orally, and in the form of a poster, present the results of the project and experiences from the afterstudy.
The course has some introductory lectures (see also the full course schedule):
- September 3th, 15.15-17 in P18:
slides), Danyo Danev
- September 13th, 10.15-12 in P18: Introduction to LIPS (lecture slides - see TSTE17, lecture 5), Kent Palmkvist
- The entrepreneurship part of the course starts on September 7th at 13.15 in KMC-Aulan.
Detailed information about the aim of the course, the course contents,
etc. can be found in the
This year's is a continuation of last year's project developing the second version of the Massive audio MIMO testbed. Some preliminary information about this projects can be obtained from here:
Last year, we offered a project based on last year's project which started the development of the second version of the Massive audio MIMO testbed.
In 2016 we had two projects. The first one marked the startup of the second version of our Massive audio MIMO testbed. The second one was about indoor and outdoor positioning using hardware equipment from POZYX . More detailed information about these two projects can be found here:
- Massive Audio Beamforming - version II [Project
- Positioning and Tracking with the Pozyx Platform [Project
In 2015 we had two projects based on the Massive audio MIMO testbed that was created during 2014. Detailed information about those two projects can be obtained from here:
- Massive Audio Beamforming - Parallell Data Transmission [Project
- Massive Audio Beamforming - Zero Forcing [Project
This project started the development of the first versikon of our Massive audio MIMO testbed. More detailed information can be obtained from here:
The project was again offered by the Communication Systems group. The full description of the project directive can be downloaded from here:
The project was offered by the Communication Systems group. The full description of the project directive can be downloaded from here:
The students was working together in a project at Ericsson Research in Linköping. Click to download the project directive:
We offered two projects - one by Communication Systems division at ISY and one by Ericsson Research in Linköping. Click below to download the respective project directives and the respective project web pages:
- Peer-to-Peer Video Telephony [Project web page], [Lab 1, Lab 2]
- Receiver models for a JAVA based radio network simulator [Project web page]
Last updated: 2018 09 03 07:57