TSEI50 Linear Systems
TSEI50 Linear Systems (6hp) is a basic course in discrete-time signals and systems and serves as preparation for other courses. The emphasis is on analysis methods for linear systems as well as sampling and reconstruction of continuous-time signals. This includes difference equations, convolution, Fourier series, Fourier and z-transforms, and relations between discrete-time and continuous-time signals. The course also covers interpolation and decimation, as well as the basics of quantization and white-noise signals and their propagation through linear systems.
Course information 2019
Lessons and Laboratories:
- H. Johansson: Discrete-time systems (available in Building A, Entrance 19C, next to LiU-Tryck).
- Compendia: Problems and solutions (password required, handed out during the course).
- Errata to the book and problems/solutions (password required).
- Laboratories (password required).
- S. Söderkvist: Formler och Tabeller (available in the bookstore in Kårallen). (This is in Swedish, but any corresponding Formulas/Tables compendium will do.)
Lecture and lesson plan (12x2h = 24h):Found on this course info in pdf.
Laborative work (4x4h = 16h):
Solving problems using Matlab.
Registration to the lab exercises can be done in Lisam after the course has started (2019-09-04)
that the laborative work is mandatory and must be passed in order to pass the whole course!
A written exam of 4 hours duration.
Aids for exam: Mathematical tables/formulas and pocket calculator.
Max 70 p, 30 p required to pass.
Optional seminars (oral), two occasions. Active participation gives maximum 10 p (5 + 5) on the written exam, corresponding to Problem 1.
Last updated: 2019 10 25 14:52