Ph.D. Level Courses
Fundamentals of Massive MIMO
This course will expose the basic operational principles and techniques for analysis of Massive MIMO, the scalable 5G technology.
Prof. Erik G. Larsson, ISY/Communication Systems.
The course is open to students enrolled in a Ph.D. program at Linköping University/ISY. External participants upon request. If you have interest to participate, please register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by December 18, 2015.
Good knowledge of wireless and digital communications, information theory, linear algebra, matrix analysis, and probability theory. General mathematical maturity.
Tentative lecture plan:
- Overview, myths and realities
- Mathematical background: circularly symmetric Gaussian variables, Wishart distributions
- Fading channels. Capacity of scalar, MIMO and multiuser (MAC/BC) channels.
- Techniques for capacity bounding
- Analysis of single-cell Massive MIMO systems
- Analysis of multi-cell Massive MIMO systems
- Power control
- Case studies: rural and mobile access
- Analysis of MMSE techniques
- Effects of hardware impairments
In addition, there will be 4-5 homework sessions.
Lectures 1-9 will be given by Erik G. Larsson and lectures 10-11 will be given by Emil Björnson.
- syllabus with reading and homework
- homework problems
- supplementary notes
- homework problems to lecture 14 (by Emil Björnson)
- homework problems to lecture 15 (by Emil Björnson)
For More InformationPlease contact the instructor.
Erik G. Larsson
Last updated: 2016 04 22 11:55